You might also find that the baseline criteria are inappropriate because they are not stringent enough. In that case, you are free to lower the specification values below 80 dBA or the EU Machinery Directive specified values. No prior authorization is required
Note: Situations that might lead to lowering a criterion include:
- Equipment is installed in an otherwise low sound level area.
- Equipment will run for extended shift periods of time longer than 8 hours.
- Equipment will be purchased in multiples.
- Equipment will be sited in a reverberant environment.
- Community noise issues might arise.
- The purchaser or supplier is aware that a lower level is achievable within the current state of the art.